The first month of 2018 has come and gone.
If you’ve created a bunch of goals for the new year but haven’t achieved those goals, don’t worry — but take another look at them. Maybe you've set a really big goal and are struggling with it...
For me, I’ve been struggling with figuring out what to work on next with my blog-to-audio web service.
- How do I make the website look better?
- How much should I charge?
- How should my email sequence look like?
- How do I market this?
- What do I put in the terms and conditions?
Now if I think about all these issues at the same time, I’d be overwhelmed.
The advice I've received is to focus on one thing, get to a point of 'good enough', then move on to the next important thing.
Questions to ask yourself
- What small steps can I take today to move closer to my goal?
- Is my goal based on factors that I can directly control? (e.g. lose 30 lbs - you can't directly control this; exercise 30 minutes a day - you can control this)
This is Radhika (my daughter) showing you how to take baby steps
Productivity tips I’ve picked up in January
Use Trello — it lets you group your tasks into buckets, so it’s very easy to take 100 tasks, which is daunting, and categorize them into 10 groups of 10
Don’t prioritize your tasks with numbers, just move the task you want to focus on to the top of the list - just by being more visible, it becomes important.
The One Thing - Learn how to focus on one thing at a time. It's available in audiobook format as well.
What were your goals again?
So before you leave, I'd like for you to share one of your goals and what small (realistic) steps you will take in the upcoming weeks to achieve it.
I wish you success!